Wrap Page Title Text in Search Pane?

erik.unangst November 5, 2019

Some of our pages have really long titles and the search pane cuts them off. I can see the full title if I hover over the result with my mouse, but it would be nice if there was an option to wrap the text of the page title within the search pane. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Long Page Title.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello Erik,

Thank you for raising this with us. It's not possible to change the behavior of that text.

Is this the pop-up from search, or by going to dosearchsite.action? If I go to MyConfluenceURL.com/dosearchsite.action, I'm able to see the full page titles of my search. Can you tell me if the same happens for you there?

Regards,

Shannon

erik.unangst November 7, 2019

Hi Shannon,

The advanced search that you suggested works well. I can see the whole title on the advanced search page, but it would be nice not to have to perform an advanced search just to see the full title of the page. I really wish we could change the pop up to be either wider or for the titles to wrap.

Regards,

Erik

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hello Erik,

In that case, you would need to customize Confluence using Javascript or other modifications. For example:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to tell you exactly what you need to do in order to make the desired change. You can test this out on an Evaluation instance first if you don't want to change your production instance.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events