Would this be used in Agile SCRUM?

J April 28, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Product Requirements Blueprint

Hi all,

In our company we're in the process of going from a traditional product waterfall planning to an Agile / Scrum implementation.

With this in mind, I'm struggling to convince my colleagues that this "Product Requirements Blueprint" is not really appropriate when wanting to move to Scrum.

What do you think?

Thanks for your input!

Jacques.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2016

Agile is about adaptation. In some context, you have to write requirements (and this is why I'm the author of an add-on on that topic).

What I find nice about Atlassian's blueprint:

• They are lightweight requirements. You won't find a table detailing the list of buttons on a page, or the list of hover states.
  • Confluence's PRD blueprint rather encourages users to write about the context around the user stories: Where the software will be used, what it looks like on mobile, what the interactions should be, what's at stake in the company's marketing plan, etc.
  • This blueprints encourages users to trust the developer's skills, give them with high-level information and expect that they'll write the right code.
  • Confluence's PRD ends with a list of user stories.

So in my opinion, tick yes, this PRD blueprint and similar Customer Interview pages fit very well in an Agile/Scrum environment. However:

• Keep your requirements very lightweight and very high level (e.g. list some customer interviews and write about how sales are expected to rise). If your colleagues can't stay high-level, then you're correct that you should drop the blueprint altogether.
  • Do expect to let the developer review his work closely with a UX designer, so you won't have to write down all the hover states.

J June 14, 2016

Thanks Adrien! Very helpful (and sorry for the late answer)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events