Would like to get thumbnail images on every page footer and link them to respective locations.

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Hi,

Is there a way where we can get thumbnail images on every page footer and link them to respective locations?

Thanks,

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2012

Hallo Vishal

Alternatively, you can use the Documentation theme and add specific text and images to the footer of every page in a space. This allows you to add different content in the footer per space. The footers appear at the bottom of pages, but not at the bottom of blog posts or the dashboard.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Documentation+Theme

The above page tells you how to configure the Documentation theme. It also has a custom page header and footer, provided by the theme.

The advantages of this method are that it's simpler than modifying the Velocity templates, and you don't need to re-apply the customisations each time you upgrade Confluence.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Sarah

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2013

I have used "{include: DOC:My page name|nopanel=true}" at the footer of Documentation Theme (Browse>Confluence Admin>Theme>Configure Theme). 'My page name' page has the required images and links and DOC is the key of the space where I have the page 'My page name'

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

Hello Vishal,

This is our page about modifying the footer page of Confluence.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Edit+the+Footer+in+Confluence

You will see a bit of text in that document that outlines the text that you need to keep in your footer to remain in line with our EULA. There are also a couple link outs that describe the processes of adding content to the footer. This should be little more than placing an image file on your Confluence server and creating an img element with a src attribute that points that image.

Note: that the webroot of your Confluence instance is your <confluence_install>/confluence directory

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

You could alter the footer template file. The one you probably want is:

./confluence-install/confluence/decorators/includes/footer-content.vm

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

I am not familiar with what I see in that file. Is there any documentation which I can refer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events