Workaround for groups with whitespace or åäö?

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

I have a customer with a Conflunce environment. Users and groups are handled in AD. So far they have not really used groups that much in Confluence but they are starting that now.

Lots of groups have whitespace in the name (and som also characters like å,ä,ö). This seems to be a problem (I am taught never to use either when createing users or groups anywhere). When looking at the group I can see the members but when looking at a user that is a member of such a group the group is not there.

Is there any kind of work around for this or must they change the names and remove these characters to make Confluence understand this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi Susanne,

I've just performed a test in the confluence 5.1.5 and I could create groups with spaces and the special characters. I believe this is possible now. can you try to use this version in a test environment and see if the issue persists?

Regards,

Rodrigo

Susanne Harelius [Riada]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

We plan to upgrade this customer next week so we will try it then. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events