• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Word import creates table during normal text Edited

Atlassian Confluence 6.15.9

Hi everybody,

I often have an issue with the Import from Word function. As you can see by the screenshot here:

immagine.png

After that gesetzt, a table is created with multiple columns, and it makes the document pretty illegible. Below the whole text as it should be.

immagine.png

I don't know what can cause this problem, but I can also tell that this screenshot below is very similar to another issue that I could fix.

immagine.png

The fixable issue appeared when importing a word document that contained a table copied from an Excel, so the whole document is a single table.

For some reason, some rows were added a single cell on the left an one on the right, as per diagram below (Sorry for no screenshot).

1 | 2 | 3

x | 1 | 2 | 3 | x

1 | 2 | 3

The 1,2,3 cells are the correct columns, while "x" is a text similar to the one in the 3rd screenshot "<ac:structured..."

I fixed it by shifting the 3 correct cells to the left, and deleting the last 2 columns. But I can't fix it in a text document.

1 answer

Sounds like it is importing it correctly based on what is in the Word document.  Sounds like you need to clean up your Word document or clean it up in Confluence after you import.

It's just normal text, what should I do to clean the Word? And in Confluence I am afraid that there's no way to clean it in less than a day. Those <tags> make me think that those are supposed to be hidden after the import, but failed to be.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 16, 2020

The Word documents have more than text in them.  You said that you copied from Excel.  It looks like the Word document has some of the Excel formatting including a marco.  You would have to clean this up in the Word document or just do it in Confluence after the import.  I know some individuals that have printed the document to PDF and then used Acrobat Pro to save it to a Word document again to clean out weird formatting.  Basically you are going to have to take time to fix it just depends where you spend your time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Announcing Team Calendars in Confluence Data Center

Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond.  A long time favorite,  Team Cale...

125 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you