With the "improved" User Management in JIRA - how do I find out when the last time a user logged in?

Because that data isn't shown at all any more.

5 answers

1 accepted

In Confluence you can view this in the user details

In JIRA open Administration > User Management, there you can see the last login and the number of total logins:

Steve, Bob is correct - this is a "feature" of the new OnDemand user management for both JIRA and Confluence.

please check your labels, I'm not sure if you are looking for jira or confluence with that labelling ;)

I would very much like to have the old functionality back somehow. I need to know how much use Jira is getting in order to justify continued use of the software. Without the stats, I can't justify the expenditure, and we may have to stop using Jira.

For Cloud (OnDemand) users, there is now a new capability in the JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) (you will need release 4.0 or higher) to list a bunch more information. I use it on my site for user management.

-a getUserList --group jira-users --outputFormat 999 --file userList.csv --dateFormat yyyy-MM-dd

Then you can display it in Confluence with CSV macro which enables column sorting. Use parameters like:

script=^userList.csv
autoNumber=true
columns=user, name, active, last authenticated, last password changed, invalid password attempts

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

102 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you