It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

With the new Confluence photo editing, how do I put a border around an image?

With the new Confluence photo editing, how do I put a border around an image? It used to be very simple to add a border (screenshot attached), but now I can't see how to easily do so (screenshots attached).

Former Editing:

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.03.11 AM.png

New Editing:Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.01.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.02.04 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Carly and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for including screenshots of what you used to be able to do versus what you’re seeing now. There have been some changes within the cloud editor recently. To better sum up the issue, you’re seeing there is a similar post which may be found at Adding a border to an image no longer available? There @Shannon_Spaniol does an excellent job explaining and referencing the recent changes.

I hope this reference post proves helpful in explaining some of the changes.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Thanks Stephen, but unfortunately it sounds like my best bet will be to add a border in preview (the only photo editor I have access to) rather than using Confluence for this. The suggestions in that thread was to use a table, but I unfortunately couldn't figure out how to adjust the table width to just include the image (it didn't seem possible). I understand the need to change functionality, but taking away something as useful as adding simple borders to images seems unnecessary to me. I'll adjust - thanks again for the quick response.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

159 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you