With the new Confluence photo editing, how do I put a border around an image?

Carly Rayford August 8, 2019

With the new Confluence photo editing, how do I put a border around an image? It used to be very simple to add a border (screenshot attached), but now I can't see how to easily do so (screenshots attached).

Former Editing:

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.03.11 AM.png

New Editing:Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.01.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-08 at 9.02.04 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2019

Hello Carly and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for including screenshots of what you used to be able to do versus what you’re seeing now. There have been some changes within the cloud editor recently. To better sum up the issue, you’re seeing there is a similar post which may be found at Adding a border to an image no longer available? There @Shannon S does an excellent job explaining and referencing the recent changes.

I hope this reference post proves helpful in explaining some of the changes.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Carly Rayford August 9, 2019

Thanks Stephen, but unfortunately it sounds like my best bet will be to add a border in preview (the only photo editor I have access to) rather than using Confluence for this. The suggestions in that thread was to use a table, but I unfortunately couldn't figure out how to adjust the table width to just include the image (it didn't seem possible). I understand the need to change functionality, but taking away something as useful as adding simple borders to images seems unnecessary to me. I'll adjust - thanks again for the quick response.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events