With Presentation plugin gone, what do I do?

Mikkel Christensen May 26, 2015

Apparently the Presentation plugin is no longer available:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.presentation

Then how can I accomplish the basic task of displaying my Confluence content as slides? Do I really have to go back to offline editing of PowerPoint files? That sort of defeats the purpose of having the content online in Confluence.

My immediate problem is that I just assured some other decision makers that a presentation mode was available and now it turns out that in fact it is not.

8 answers

3 votes
Jens Becker [Incloud]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2017

Hi there,

my name is Jens and I (among others) am responsible for the Presenter for Confluence add-on. We just released a big update that adds Draw.io support and marks a milestone in the development of the add-on. Because now we finally have a full-time team working on it. 

Expect constant updates and if you have questions, want a demo, want to file a bug or suggest a feature: please feel free to contact us through our Service Desk or write an e-mail to presenter@incloud.de. :)

Cheers,
Jens 

2 votes
Shree Lekha Ramanathan April 23, 2019

Hi Mikkel,

I'm from Zoho and we'd like to introduce our add-on Zoho Show for Confluence Cloud.

With Zoho Show , you can now 
create, collaborate, and deliver presentations right within Confluence. You need not hold multiple accounts to insert and manage presentations. We offer umpteen formatting and animation options to create compelling stories. 

Here's our Atlassian Marketplace page. Install and give it a try :) 

Please visit our page to know more about Zoho Show.

Would love to hear more from you!

Thanks,
Lekha
show-confluence@zohoshow.com

1 vote
Rodolfo March 22, 2017

Hi,

Take a look at the Presenter for Confluence add-on. I was looking for a similar solution and I ran into it. I will try it myself and give you my thoughts about it later on.

Rodolfo

1 vote
Mikkel Christensen June 2, 2015

Thank you for your replies.

@Luis Maia, I don't think I explained myself clearly enough. Having to edit presentations offline in PowerPoint is exactly what I do not want. I want to create presentations in Confluence.

@Mike Rathwell, thank you for the suggestion. I installed the Content Slider plug-in as a trial version, but unfortunately it does not do what I am looking for. First, I cannot find a way for it to display a presentation full screen. Second, the standard display only shows the first slide. I liked the way the Presentation plugin used line breaks as slide separators so that the content was nicely readable as a page when not in presentation mode.

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

I've now also added "Presenter for Confluence" https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.incloud.confluence.presenter/server/overview which adds additional functionality and does go full screen. I like this one a lot. It doesn't obviate my use of Image Slider (just use it for different things) and fills the "rest" of my presenting needs. 

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2015

Mikkel,

I also had used that one. However, (and this is a pay item) use the Image Slider (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.simplenia.confluence.plugins.imageslider) plugin. The "Content Slider" element of that does an excellent job of doing what "Presentation" macro used to do; perhaps even better.

While you can do it with the Office macro or PDF, you end up with a manual effort of developing/updating/publishing the PPT and then you end up with static data. The Content Slider can use any Confluence content.

mike

0 votes
Ireen Klein_Actonic June 12, 2019

Hello,

please also have a look at SlideIt. Nice tool to transform confluence pages into interactive presentations.

Cheers,

Ireen 

0 votes
Jason Schmidt June 8, 2016

I want to second this.  Confluence allows us to insert queries against JIRA that are a pain to convert to powerpoint.  Having a macro that will allow the Confluence page to be presented in a powerpoint-like way will save us a LOT of time.

0 votes
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2015

Hi Mikkel,

Since the latest versions of Confluence we have the Office Powerpoint Macro, which would be useful for this function.

Also, if it is possible for you to convert this powerpoint file into a PDF file, you can use the PDF Macro which inserts a presentation mode view of this file.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Luiz Maia
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events