Will the new Confluence Questions product be suitable to support public (outside the enterprise) questions as well?

Matt October 2, 2013

We are assessing AnswerHub right now to facilitate Q&A from external customers. Will Confluence Questions work like Answers does for Atlassian?

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Leder October 7, 2013

I went to the Atlassian Summit last week and went to a seminar on both Questions and Answers. The basics is that Answers is made for an external audience like customers while Questions is made for an internal audience. Questions integrates with Confluence and aids in your internal documentation process. There will also be ways in the future to associate questions in the Questions product with specific spaces.

Matt October 7, 2013

Interesting. Thanks for sharing what you heard. I guess we'll have to wait for Answers to become an actual product from Atlassian, which seems inevitable to me.

Did anyone ask that question in the Answers session?

David Leder October 7, 2013

Unfortunately, they did not. The focus was much more on Questions.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

I am sure it will. But you need to have a login for the external customers as well.

0 votes
Christopher Webster March 16, 2016

+1

0 votes
Sean Richards January 8, 2015

Any chance we could get an update on the status of this? We are looking at Confluence Questions to handle our customer community Q&A, so external customers can answer questions from other customers. Can Conf Questions do this?

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Okay. Thanks. First half of next year is the goal for migrating Atlassian Answers over to Confluence Questions but we don't have a definite date.

0 votes
Matt October 17, 2013

We don't have a particular list of requirements Bill, we just like how Answers works for Atlassian and would like to offer the same general functionality and clean look to our customers.

Simplicity and consistancy are of value, which is why a solution from Atlassian would have a big leg up over the competition for us, given the fact we use so many of your products already.

Any ballpark on when this migration might happen?

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

What kind of "public" features are you looking for? Our plans are to migrate Answers.atlassian.com over to Confluence Questions (from OSQA) so we need to make this work for ourselves at Atlassian in an external environment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events