cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will copying a space still link to original

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2019

Does copying a space to a new one attach original pages, attachments and linked pages to the new space?

As far as I know, it shouldn't, however, I know of someone having issues.

Victor

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hey there Victor!

I am not sure if I understand what you need. Confluence have three types of Space Exports that can be restored into other instances. Here you can see them and what is included with them:

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 18.15.42.png

If we assume the issue is happening with our XML Exports, attachment should be present in the export and after the restore into another instance. For more information on Content Export And Restore, you can take a look here:

If you are on Confluence Cloud, you should look here:

With the above in mind, could you clarify:

1. What kind of issue is the user facing?
  2. Has this worked in the past?
  3. Are you on Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server?

Looking forward to your reply Victor!

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2019

Diego,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not the one who was having an issue but a fellow community user. Their issue is different. When they copy a space in confluence, page tries from the previous space are active and present in the new space. 

I've never experienced that issue as i know once you copy a space, it gets detached from the original.

Victor

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2019

Hey there Victor!

As of today, Confluence (Cloud or Server) does not support copying of spaces. Here you can have more details about it:

It is likely that your instance has some kind of third-party plugin that allows this. One example of such a plugin is this:

The plugin presented above is available only for Confluence server. Let us know if you are using Confluence Cloud.

Let us hear from you, Victor!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events