Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Hyperlinks opening on a new tab ever be a standard feature of Confluence?

JohnG November 26, 2012

I see there are a few work arounds for making a hyperlinks open in a new tab/window. But I believe this is such a fundemental feature that it should be part of the "default pakage".

Will it ever be included as an option of the "Insert Link" function? Ie. add a check box to say "Open in new Tab" or "Open in new Window"???

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

Hi,

You may want to vote on the related feature request you can track here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11194

Whenever this feature request gets implemented in a future relase, you can be notified via email if you add this to your watchlist.

Cheers,

Peter

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

I don't think this should be an application setting at all. It's part of the browser and client behaviour. You can right click open in new tab or hold ctrl when you click on Windows to do this already.

Can you explain what you need it for?

JohnG November 26, 2012

If writing an user guide for an internal system which has multiple system sites (ie. not a confluence link - but a system link) - it would be great to not have to right-click or hold ctrl for each of the link. Sure it works, but not all target "users" reading the guide are technically minded (though they should).

So, usability wise I'd assume they would like the main (user) page to remain open and all the external links on tabs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events