cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki space permissions

Anni R March 1, 2012

Hi,

If I have wiki permissions:

1.exampleproject-users (all permissions are selected)

1.it-users (only view permissions)

User are both groups and which permission get the best permission? I mean which group will give the permission?

One permission is restricted (only view) and other allows to do all actions.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

Hallo Deepnight

Each user will always get the most powerful rights that he/she is entitled to. So if John belongs to both of the groups, John will get the full permissions as assigned to group "exampleproject-users".

Cheers, Sarah

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

I am puting this on my own words, correct me if I did not get your point.

If Individual X has View privilege only for a Space A and All rights for Space B, there is no confilct, hence he will access both spaces according to right given.

In another hand, if Individual X has an Individual right let's say View only for a space A and at the same time belongs to a group which is granted All privileges then All privileges will dominate.

Hope that's clear :)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2012

Frankly, the question is a bit confusing, at least for me. Possible to reword it?

0 votes
Anni R March 1, 2012

I get the answer alreadey :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events