Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki and JIRA link

Greg Della-Croce March 24, 2017

First I will state that as the admin for the Wiki I have not spent any time learning how JIRA manages projects (Classic or Agile).  However, we have a question from a user that needs to use a Wiki page to create and manage a JIRA project.  

I have understood that the JIRA can update a Wiki page.  But is it possible to run the other way?

3 answers

0 votes
Greg Della-Croce March 27, 2017

Doug and Nic thank for answering.   Nic I am going to have to ask my user exactly what he wants to be updated by the Wiki to the JIRA and back to the Wiki.

Doug, I "know" of Run CLI Actions but I have no hands-on experience with it.  Any good way for me to get up to speed on this tool?

Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2017

Greg,

For a high level view, this page has a list of all the JIRA actions you can do from the CLI product. 

To do the kinds of things you're talking about, you would be issuing those commands from the

Run CLI Actions in Confluence plugin. 

To be honest, heading down this route is doable, but whoever sets it up would need programming skills.

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2017

Out of the box, I don't know of any way to create or manage a JIRA project from Confluence.

If you had the Run CLI Actions in Confluence you could create pages in Confluence to perform many of the JIRA project administrative functions.

There are more options to create and update JIRA issues from within confluence:

• This page shows how to create JIRA issues from Confluence out of box.
  • Using the JIRA issues macro, you can link dirctly from Confluence to an issue in JIRA. This, of course means you are really editing the issue in JIRA, not in Confluence.
  • The Run CLI actions in Confluence plugin allows you to do updates, deletes, and creates of JIRA issues
  • The Confiform plugin supports several kinds of actions against JIRA issues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2017

Yes. 
What do you want from these "updates"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events