Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wiki administration page fails to load (CODE: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

William July 20, 2014

Hi,

I recently got an error when trying to access my Wiki Administration page. See the error below:

The page can't be displayed!

Error CODE: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

On the chrome browser the error description is: Too many redirects!

Does anyone know what's happening?

I didn't change anything on my browsers recently.

Version: OnDemand instance

William

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2014

Hi William,

The behaviour you described may occur if you have recently changed permissions on your Confluence instance.

Is your profile a member of 'administrators' group and was this group removed from the 'Confluence Administrator' permission in Global Permissions ? If yes, updating the Global Permissions should address the issue.

Cheers,

Paul

William July 21, 2014

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your answer.

I did not change anything in Global Permissions, but even if someone did, how could I access the Global Permission page without accessing the administration page?

I was thinking about it and maybe there's a reason for this issue, but I'm not sure if it makes sense. I'm accessing Atlassian website by using my 3G internet connection, once I out of the office. I asked someone in the office, with less privileges than I, to access the administration page and everything is normal. Does it make sense for you?

Cheers,

William

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2014

Hi William,

Considering you are using a 3G connection is it fair to assume you were viewing the site from a mobile or tablet device? If so I'd mention Confluence Supported Platforms to confirm your browser is a supported platform.

Cheers,

Paul

William July 22, 2014

Hi Paul! Actually, I'm using my laptop. The cell phone is only for the connection.

You were right! The problem was in Confluence Administrator permission. The other administrator had deleted my user from there.

Everything is working ok now!

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
July 23, 2014

Great news, glad we could get you back on track!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events