Wiki: Slow Page Loading After Upgrade

David Kleiner April 8, 2014

Hello,

We recently upgraded our Wiki server from 4.1.10 to 5.4.

The process was smooth (thank you Atlassian!) but there is a performance degradation with one page that has over 150 Jira issues on it.

With 4.1, the page is rendering instantly and updates in place. With 5.4, there is a considerable pause, about 20 seconds and the full page shows within a second. The users perceive it as a slow page rendering caused/related to the upgrade.

Is this a feature of the latest Jira plugin or is there a problem with our configuration?

I profiled the page several times but nothing obvious jumps out.

Our Jira version is 5.2.11

Thank you,

David

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2014

Hello David,

I believe that you are falling into this known bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32525

It was fixed in the latest release of On demand but not yet for confluence standalone since I could reproduce the same issue in confluence 5.4.3.

I recommend to divide the jira issues macros into different pages as the bug states or try to upgrade to the latest version of confluence in order to check if the fix was deployed already.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

David Kleiner April 14, 2014

Thank you Rodrigo, I'll be waiting for the updated plugin, ideally upgradable without rollling the whole of wiki.

Regards,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events