Why would someone who has the ability to view a page not have the selection to export it?

Sandy Hebenstreit December 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Space Permissions Overview

Why would someone who has the ability to view a page not have the selection under "Tools" to export it?

5 answers

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2016

Hi Sandy

Any user with the ability to view the page, should be able to also see the Export page option.

Export space however, is controlled using permissions as highlighted in the image posted by Sandy Johnson in the comments above.

I have recently come across other users who have noticed the same behavior. I suggest raising a support ticket with Atlassian to help you with this.

Thanks

Bhushan

Sandy Hebenstreit December 20, 2016

Thank you Bhushan. I contacted our support group at Contegix and they are working on it. They found a log error that led them to believe that taking the system down and clearing the cache might resolve it. They just did that a few minutes ago. I'm waiting for a response from the user who could not export the page to see if the issue has been resolved by taking this action. Thanks again for your response.

Sandy Hebenstreit December 20, 2016

Update–taking the system down and clearing the cache worked. I had the user clear her browsing history and log out, then back in. She states she can now export the page to Word. This seems to have been an isolated incident. Thanks to all for their responses, and perhaps this info will help in case you should run into the same issue.

0 votes

We don't–I'm a system administrator; but it was my understanding from reviewing the Atlassian documentation that the user who wishes to export a page to Word or PDF only has to have the right to view the page, which she does, because she can also edit it. Unless I'm not understanding it correctly, space export permissions are not needed for single page export.

image2016-12-19 16:30:45.png

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf510/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-829077162.html

0 votes
Sandy Johnson December 19, 2016

Are you sure you and the other user have the same permissions?

image2016-12-19 15:43:57.png

0 votes

That's exactly what I thought, and what the documentation supports. I can export the page to both Word and PDF, but a user, who is using the same browser (Chrome), does not have that as a selection from the Tools menu. I've had her log out and back in, but still no selection. Very odd.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2016

That's a good question.  As someone with view could happily copy and paste the lot, there seems no strong reason to say they shouldn't take it as pdf/word/etc too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events