Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would a Wiki Client get "Insufficient Permissions" ?

Greg Della-Croce November 18, 2015

A Confluence Wiki client, call them M_A gets an error of "Insufficient Permissions" on a Wiki page that has no restricted views, and none of the pages up the space tree have any restrictions.   This error occurs regardless of the browser.  We are running 5.8.14.  

3 answers

0 votes
darrenpegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

if you are using a server install; as I don't see confluence cloud as a label on your question and confluence user management is handled elsewhere try a re-sync...sometimes knocking the connection to secondary and then back primary gives it a kick..

Greg Della-Croce November 24, 2015

That was a good suggestion. Unfortunately we resyn ever night. So I will keep this in mind, but I am sceptical. Thanks for trying, however!! I appreciate the help.

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

Greg,

Is it possible that the space itself (not just the pages) has restrictions either by group or discrete user? I've been bitten by that one... (and it doesn't show the little lock on the page). Usually occurs when someone sends a link to a discrete page so one knows it exists but "you can't get there from here"

mike

That is one of the first things I check (after I got bit by it a little while ago :). I did check this one, and it is clear through the top.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2015

If by "wiki client", you mean "a user who is using a standard browser and not some form of (buggy) wiki client software", then the answer is probably:

• That the network is flaky and unable to connect a dynamic call,
  • They have a damaged browser cache,
  • You've got an add-on that is trying to be "clever", but failing,
  • A proxy between them and the server is misbehaving

Hmm, interesting ideas. To be honest I wouldn't know how to check 1,3,and 4. I did have the client clear their cashe already. All they go was a clean cashe.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2015

Ok, 1 and 4 are quite hard, but if it's consistently one user and no-one else, it's probably not them. Let's have a go at 3 - are you using any of the Theme add-ons and/or a custom theme? In general, what add-ons have you got? Also, I'm assuming this is the same wiki page every time? If so, then what macros does the content use?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events