Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some profile pics are not pngs?

Martz November 7, 2017

I am trying to add team pics to the Home Page but when trying to save the image from the people page, some of them are TexEdit Documents instead of PNGs and they behave differently, for instance they don't look the same size as the PNGs.

3 answers

0 votes
Martz April 6, 2018

After a long time, here is the issue how I see it: When you go to a team member profile page like here:

https://mediashift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/~Denis

When trying to save his profile pic I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 2.05.52 PM.png

Which is NOT a png file, and somehow its impossible to save.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Hi Martino,

This is the same thing I was describing earlier, and I reported it on the bug itself.

We would like to know when you first noticed the behavior, but I hadn't heard from you regarding that. Could you let me know if you can remember?

Shannon

Martz April 9, 2018

Yes, I can confirm the same behavior, I can save it by adding .png to the user-avatar default name. But that PNG behaves differently, If I expand the preview window the PNG grows with it and it seems to have no limit, until I decrease the size then it stops scaling up attached to the window size. 

I started noticing this by the time I reported it, back in early november.

thanks.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Martino,

Thank you for providing those further details. Do make sure to include them on the bug so they can be considered in our investigation!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2017

Hi Martino,

You can disregard my last question. I was able to replicate it and created a bug:

However, on my Mac, if I just open the file straight away, it loads in Preview with the correct image. In addition, if I edit the filename from just user-avatar to user-avatar.png, after confirming the change, it then displays the icon as the user avatar instead of just the white paper icon. Then, using CMD+i it does tell me that the file is a PNG type, and continues to open in Preview.

Can you confirm the same?

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 15, 2017

Martino - Could you also please let me know when you first noticed this behavior? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2017

Hi Martino,

That definitely doesn't seem right. Can you let me know what browsers you're using where you're able to replicate this, and if it occurs in more than one? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Martz November 10, 2017

Hi @Shannon S sure, I use Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit). I did try on Safari Version 11.0.1 (12604.3.5.1.1) and the issue persists.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2017

Thank you Martino,

Sorry - one more thing - can you tell me what Confluence version you're using? 

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Martz November 13, 2017

Sure, its Cloud.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 13, 2017

Thanks, Martino! Even better. I will be able to access the instance and test it on my end.

However, I wasn't able to find a Cloud account under your email address, but I did find one for your colleague, Ricardo. Is this the instance, or is there another? 

Regarding the issue - are you able to replicate this in Incognito Mode and with all browser add-ons disabled? 

One more thing - your Chrome version appears to be 1 version behind, so you might want to consider upgrading it since Cloud only supports the most recent version of the listed browsers. Not that I believe this is what is causing the issue, but you'll want to make sure it's up-to-date to avoid other issues with Cloud.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Martz November 13, 2017

https://itexico.atlassian.net/

Not sure what Ricardo is, you will need to provide a Last Name

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2017

Thanks, Martino!

I didn't want to put his whole name on here for security reasons so I just mentioned the first in case you knew which instance I was referring to.

I'll go ahead and run some tests on your instance but do let me know the answer to this question:

Regarding the issue - are you able to replicate this in Incognito Mode and with all browser add-ons disabled? 

Thank you and kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events