Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why only Space Admin can change css for a custom pages?

Алексей Воронцов November 3, 2016

Hi. I work like designer, and i don't need any other admin permissions, except edit custom pages css. Can you give an opportunity to admin to add personal user for edit layout css for custom page ? 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2016

In 99% of all cases this makes a lot of sense. To change the look of a whole space, you need to be a space admin. There are no workarounds for this. If you just want to play around with the look of a CSS you can always do this on your personal space, where you by automatic is an admin.

Алексей Воронцов November 3, 2016

You are not write. I create my own new space in my confluence, but i don't have tab stylesheet  in "look and feel" part bc i am not an root administrator at confluence, i am just a designer, and root administrator can't add permission to me to edit stylesheet for space. You understand? 
123.png 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

It's because Confluence is for writing, not designing - your space admin is in charge of a consistent look and feel for that space.

You will need to ask your admins to give you space admin for the space you want to change.  They could give you your own non-personal space to try things out in as a test.

Алексей Воронцов November 6, 2016

I create my own space, and i have all rights for space, but i can't edit layout. This is a problem. Why i can't use css for my own space ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2016

You say "my own space" - do you mean a proper space, or a personal space.

Also, another thought we should have asked about before.  Are you on Cloud or Server?  CSS hacking is severely limited on Cloud

Алексей Воронцов November 6, 2016

I am not a root admin of confluence on our server. BUT i can create  space ->
Create - space. Here i have all rights.
I am on Server.
But i have all the same tab's like root admin at "look and feel" part except layout tab. So i can't understand, why... if i know what i can do with css to style my space, why i can't do it ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2016

Short answer is that you'll need to ask Atlassian why personal spaces don't have css options. 

I thought they did on Server (and I know they used to) so I apologise for wasting time in answering this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events