Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why, oh WHY can't several Confulence pages in the same space have the same name?

Joe Schmoe June 19, 2012

WHY can't several Confulence pages in the same space have the same name?

As much as I like Confluence this architectural decision just doesn't make any sense to me.

The only possible reason I can think of is so that it is easier to use page name auto-complete when you are specifying new parent page but even then - why can't they just show multiple pages that match the same template?

IMO it makes just as much sense as if Atlassian didn't allow to use the same word more than once on the same page.

Is this something that is planned to be changed in future versions?

3 answers

0 votes
Michelle Civil June 20, 2012

If you have to anchor or link to a certain page and there are two pages with that title, then an anchor will not be possbile. But, This Plug-in will help: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-versions

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

Was it the l15T plugin (I may be misremembering the name, but it was a company from Austria or Germany). Their plugin managed spaces and versioning in a much slicker way than the base Confluence versioning scheme does.

howard tiersky June 19, 2012

Yes! Exactly.Well almost exactly. The company is K15t. www.k15t.com

Just googled to refresh my memory

he produt is Scroll Versions. Maybe a little expensive if all you are trying to do is have duplicate page titles (since it does so much more) but that is one of its features see blurb below:

• Manage and author Multiple Versions of your documentation in your Confluence wiki.
  • Support for Context-sensitive Help
  • Enhanced Content Reuse
  • Duplicate Page Titles and Permalinks
0 votes
howard tiersky June 19, 2012

I know I saw a plugin at the Atlassian Summit in SF a few weeks ago that solves this problem. Unfortunately I cannot remember which one it was... I tried to do a quick search but didnt find it. Maybe someone else remembers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events