Why might Confluence suddenly stop allowing page deletions?

Deleted user April 3, 2012

This is Confluence 3.4. I'm an Admin and have page deletion permissions. Today, I can no longer delete pages anywhere, not even from my personal space.

Even more interestingly, if I try to delete a page, Confluence says "Are you sure?" in the usual way and goes through the motions. When focus returns, the page is still there. But now, if I try to RENAME it, it says "Page not found". The page is definitely there, because I can move it to another space.

This first manifested itself with pages imported from complicated Word docs, so I thought that might be the problem but it now happens with brand new pages with just a simple sentence as content.

Our Tech Support don't have much Confluence experience. Where can I suggest they start looking?

----

PS When I was double-checking my deletion permissions I attempted to purge the trash in one of the spaces and got a big crash. I don't know if it's related, but here is the beginning of the crash report just in case

org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only

at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:626)
Stack Trace:[hide]

org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as rollback-only
at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:626)
at org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:139)
at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.DefaultTrashManager.emptyBlock(DefaultTrashManager.java:77)
at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.DefaultTrashManager.emptyTrash(DefaultTrashManager.java:62)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:304)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at com.atlassian.spring.interceptors.SpringProfilingInterceptor.invoke(SpringProfilingInterceptor.java:16)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
at $Proxy72.emptyTrash(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.EmptyTrashAction.execute(EmptyTrashAction.java:12)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.intercept(DefaultWorkflowInterceptor.java:55)
at com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceWorkflowInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceWorkflowInterceptor.java:35)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XsrfTokenInterceptor.intercept(XsrfTokenInterceptor.java:100)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 4, 2012

Tech Support tell me it was caused by duplicate keys in the database (caused by a plugin).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2012

Completely random guess - I had this problem when I was rigging up a test system for an upgrade run. It's worth ruling this out quickly - check the disk space on the database server, and then get a DBA to check the allowable size on the database tables.

Deleted user April 4, 2012

Thank you both - I've passed your comment & suggestion on to Tech Support.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2012

Hi Kathleen,

I think you should ask official Atlassian Support with this problem: https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Good Luck

Thomas

0 votes
Deleted user April 3, 2012

Just realised I can't delete a space either. I was going to drag the pages into a temporary space and then nuke them all in one go. :(

Another weirdness - can't *rename* any pages now, whether or not they first went through the motions of attempting a deletion or not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events