Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't attaching multiple files via drag and drop working in IE?

James Brown June 9, 2011

I am trying to attach multiple files via drag and drop in IE 7 or 8 (not sure what they were using exactly). I do have Google Gears installed and I have confirmed that it does work. The problem is that even though I select 20 documents, only the first one selected in the group is actually uplaoded. Am I doing something wrong? I am using Confluence 3.4.6.

3 answers

0 votes
TonyA June 10, 2011

I just did a test with IE 8 and IE 7, a similar number of files and the same version of Confluence, and didn't see the problem. Probably there's something unique to your configuration, or to the actual content.

I'd suggest trying 2 files to see if that works, noting any Javascript errors that appear.

If you're using a proxy server, I'd also suggest trying to connect directly to see if that makes any difference.

Finally, you might try an instance of Confluence 3.5 (such as our public documentation at the time I'm writing this). Confluence 3.5 includes an HTML5-based control which might work better if your browser supports it.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2011
I've changed the title to a question. I hope it's easier to search and find that way!
0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2011

I think this is a bug in 3.4.x and below. Google Gears was deprecated, and we moved to HTML 5 in Confluence 3.5. See the bug report at CONF-19508.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events