Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why is the code snippet function not rendering HTML?

I'm using a code snippet on my confluence test page.  I've repeatedly pasted various HTML code to try and get it to render, but I'm not having any luck. 

I've made sure to select "HTML" from the code snippet option each time but it is still not working.  I even used very basic HTML code and validated that it works on non Confluence sites.

Is there perhaps a site level or account level permission that's blocking me from publishing code? If so what is this permission so I can tell our Confluence administrator what to enable on my account settings.

Thanks for any tips,

Patrick

2 answers

0 votes

@Patrick Daniels

The code block  isn't  to render HTML code.  If you want to do that, you'll need an app as rendering isn't supported natively in Confluence.

This app is free and claims to support HTML. Maybe try that one?

Thanks,

Kian

My apologies. I mistakenly thought it was similar to the old HTML macro that used to be in Confluence.  So is there no longer a built in macro to render HTML?  Previous versions had this so I'm not understanding why Confluence would regress in this area.

@Patrick Daniels

The HTML macro has never been available in Confluence cloud, only in Confluence Server and Data Center.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,366 views 7 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you