Why is the code snippet function not rendering HTML?

Patrick Daniels February 5, 2021

I'm using a code snippet on my confluence test page.  I've repeatedly pasted various HTML code to try and get it to render, but I'm not having any luck. 

I've made sure to select "HTML" from the code snippet option each time but it is still not working.  I even used very basic HTML code and validated that it works on non Confluence sites.

Is there perhaps a site level or account level permission that's blocking me from publishing code? If so what is this permission so I can tell our Confluence administrator what to enable on my account settings.

Thanks for any tips,

Patrick

2 answers

0 votes

disregard post

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2021

@Patrick Daniels

The code block  isn't  to render HTML code.  If you want to do that, you'll need an app as rendering isn't supported natively in Confluence.

This app is free and claims to support HTML. Maybe try that one?

Thanks,

Kian

My apologies. I mistakenly thought it was similar to the old HTML macro that used to be in Confluence.  So is there no longer a built in macro to render HTML?  Previous versions had this so I'm not understanding why Confluence would regress in this area.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

@Patrick Daniels

The HTML macro has never been available in Confluence cloud, only in Confluence Server and Data Center.

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events