Why is that we are no longer able to edit a page?

Neither I nor any of my colleagues can edit any pages or blogs. We can create, but not edit a page. When we try to do it, a blank page appears and just hangs. Would appreciate to know if any one had a similar experience.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Mike Howells Atlassian Team Feb 01, 2016

This issue was introduced in a recent upgrade to Confluence (on Monday 00:00-04:00 UTC) and should have been resolved (by 07:16 UTC). We believe we've identified the cause and applied a fix but if you are still getting this issue please raise a support ticket so we can investigate and restore service for you.

Specifically you're hitting the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-40629. Try disabling Atlassian Connect in Confluence first, and if that doesn't help then raise a support ticket as Mike suggested.

First Try to open the edit page in a new tab. or in the address bar, change the Url viewpage.action to editpage.action then press enter. These two must work.

I don't know why this happens but I have the same problem and I solved it in these two ways.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

195 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you