Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is move page not working?

Robert Cohen June 16, 2017

I am attempting to move a page from one space to another.

When I click '...' -> Move on the page, the screen flickers gray then then nothing happens. No move page dialog comes up.

I am the administrator on both spaces (as well as all of confluence) and I even gave my user full permissions on the pages original space.

I feel like this is a bug. No error comes up.

Please advise how I may correct this. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2017

Please let me know when this started, was there a recent upgrade or change to a reverse proxy that is in front of Confluence?

Please check the <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log for errors. (The <confluence_home> directory is the path defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties.) Search for the title of the page or your user name to help find the relevant errors. Another strategy is to reproduce the issue and immediately check the bottom of the log.

Please let me know what version of Confluence you are using and what browser. I did find some bugs about moving pages, but they are all old and fixed in early versions.

Robert Cohen June 16, 2017

I just fixed it by upgrading confluence from 6.1 to most current version. Now the dialog displays correctly.

Thank you for your answer, however.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2017

Happy to hear that you fixed it! Have a great weekend.

Varsha Muzumdar July 27, 2017

Hi, Robert,

Is this issue a bug under confluence 6.1.4?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events