Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it possible to find other Confluence project on the internet?

jette louise s_ larsen June 1, 2021

I thought that I needed a user account attached to the project to see the project. 

Even though it is free

Is that right?

Jette

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @jette louise s_ larsen , welcome to the Community!

There is a setting in a Confluence Space which enables anonymous access, meaning that anyone can view the pages within it regardless of if they have an account or not. This can be useful for things like documentation, where there are no permissions required to restrict access.

You can also allow anonymous users to create / delete pages, add attachments, administer spaces and more, so these settings should be used cautiously!

Thx for the explanation.

Can I post another question regarding this.

Is it right that the anonymous access can NOT be closed when the account is free?

best

Jette

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Yeah that's correct, unfortunately anonymous access isn't available on the free plan of Confluence - you can find out more about this here

Sorry but English is not my native language and I have difficulties understanding this. So if I am using the free plan only the people I invite into the group have access.

Is it the same case regarding Jira?

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2021

Yes this is correct. Anonymous access is not possible on Jira or Confluence on the free plan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events