Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Project dropdown missing from new Confluence navigation?

Jeannice Angela November 4, 2012

This used to be the fastest way to navigate between projects/spaces, now I have to go to Confluence, then go to dashboard and select my space instead of being able to tab over (issues/wiki) for each project/space. It makes it feel a lot less integrated than before, and is a bit annoying. Am I missing the new shortcut?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2012
0 votes
Jeannice Angela November 25, 2012

Yes I understand the navigation was updated, but I really think it made it worse, there's no more easy link to navigate between projects in JIRA and their corresponding spaces. It was how Studio was setup, now that it's onDemand, it's decoupled and honestly makes it more of a pain to navigate between the two. I wish it wasn't done, don't agree with the logic behind it.

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2012

We value your feedback, we are working on improving the new design to make it better and faster for the end-user.

I agree with you that it may feel like a step back, the new design is implemented using a completely revamped infra-structure that will allow us to improve the integration of the tools in the future, the old design/implementation had a few several drawbacks behind the scenes that we required us to make a difficult choice when moving forward with these new concepts.

Also please feel free to open a Improvement request with your concerns at https://jira.atlassian.com - AOD project.

0 votes
Jeannice Angela November 25, 2012

Yes I understand the navigation was updated, but I really think it made it worse, there's no more easy link to navigate between projects in JIRA and their corresponding spaces. It was how Studio was setup, now that it's onDemand, it's decoupled and honestly makes it more of a pain to navigate between the two. I wish it wasn't done, don't agree with the logic behind it.

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Jeannice,

This seems to be an expected behavior with the new header introduction.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events