Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Confluence restricting me when I restrict someone else?

Deleted user June 18, 2013

So my company is testing out Confluence, and I made a dummy account (using my account) in order to test out the restriction capabilities and whatnot. When I went to restrict the dummy (using my admin account) from viewing a page, it lists in the resitriction box that I restricted myself as well. When I click to remove my restriction and close the box and open it back up, I am restricted again. I can only remove my restriction when I remove the dummy one first, and then mine. On top of that, when I log into the dummy account after restriction, I can still view the page.

What is happening? I tried it with a few different accounts and it still happens.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

Hi Melvin,

I think you have already discovered this but yes the permissions are ones that restrict actions to a user as opposed to retricitng the action away from the user. That is to say, if editting is restricted to 'bob' then only 'bob' can edit and no one else can. For further deails on page permissions, I would advise having a look at the following page.

Page Restrictions

Cheers,
Andrew

Deleted user June 19, 2013

Thanks a lot Andrew!

0 votes
Deleted user June 18, 2013

I think I may have the wrong idea of "restrict". I thought it meant restricting the assigneed user from seeing the page, but I think it means that they are the only ones that can see it...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events