Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Confluence opening a new browser tab in IE 11 when a page is updated

Bren Lane August 11, 2016

We just upgraded to 5.9.10 this weekend, and users in IE 11 are seeing a new IE tab open when our landing page is updated.  Is this a Confluence or IE issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

In my six years experience using Confluence and advising Users of our Confluence instance world-wide, it is not likely to be a Confluence problem, but an IE problem.

I have seen IE do all sorts of weird things with wiki tools as IE is apparently not fully HTML5 compatible.  I have seen where IE refuses to copy text onto a page which turned out to be a known IE bug. There is no consistency in that either - seems to be randomly dependant on Windows platform and version and IE version.

We tell all our Users to install Firefox or Chrome for advanced wiki systems like Confluence, if necessary as a second browser for some company IT policies to use IE in preference (I run all four browsers on my PC).

Bren Lane August 12, 2016

Thank you Rodney.  I suspected it might be related to IE more so than wiki.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events