I have Confluence 5.7.1 (with Questions 2.10)
In http://server/plugins/servlet/upm/manage/all I can see the following add-ons have the warning "This add-on is not compatible with your Confluence instance. An update for this add-on has already been requested from the vendor":
I wonder why is Confluence bundled with so many incompatible plugins?
Is it on purpose or something is wrong the my installation?
I have a trouble with my Confluence - it doesn't contain any macros in Macro Browser except Code macro. So I'm searching for something suspicious in my installation.
I'd update them to the what the UPM recommends. It could be breaking the macro browser, yes. If a plugin providing a macro is incompatible, then it would drop that macro from the list. But there are other thing which can cause that too, and I wouldn't expect some broken plugins to leave the list totally empty. I'd update the addons first, then re-test the browser.
Right, so I've just done the same, and I don't have any incompatible addons, so there's something very wrong in your installation. Could you tell us: - Version of Java in use - The version of the "basic macro" that appears to be incompatible - How exactly did you "install" it? (The basics though - was it download, expand, edit confluence-init.properties file, run the startup.sh and answer the questions about databases and users? Or something else?)
Java 1.7.0_60 x64 Basic Macros 2.0.5 Yes, it was basic install via zip distribution. Confluence is running as Windows service. I tried to install a new instance - yeah, it contains basic macros 2.0.5 but Conf doesn't report it's incompatible. Interesting that plugin's page tells us that it's supported only till 5.5 - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.macros.basic/versions After I installed Questions addon it still works fine in spaces (I have macros) and Conf doesn't report about incompatibility, but there's no macros in questions. So it may be on purpose - I was sure that questions are kinda normal wiki pages and there should be macros be supported in them. So the bottom line. Incompatibility I encountered is a strange thing and it isn't reproduced in a clean install. As it by itself doesn't breaks anything it's not much sense to search for its cause. As for empty macros browser in questions (not in pages!) (this is the most annoying issue for me), it's reproduced on a clean install and even could be "by desing" (but I could not find any info on it). But anyway it doesn't relate to the original incompatibility issue.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG