Why don't you have the basic feature of delete attachment?

Craig Harris October 5, 2017

As you should already be aware, this has been an issue for at least 4 years, when you upload a file you can't delete it, or REAPLCE IT. It will give error "Could not upload the file to Confluence. The server may be unavailable." This is a serious issue you should start fixing immediately. If not, I'm very curious to know why you think this isn't important enough.

Since I changed my settings.xml after it was uploaded, the only way I can upload a new version is like RenameTo-settings.xml

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

It is there, and has been for years.

More fine-grained control of it was requested at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-9527 and implemented in Confluence 5.10

The error 'It will give error "Could not upload the file to Confluence. The server may be unavailable."' is not a missing feature, it's a problem specific to your installation.

I'm not saying it's your fault or that other people don't get it, but just that there's something wrong here and it needs tracking down to establish where the problem is.

What does the log say when this error happens?

Craig Harris October 6, 2017

Sorry for the rant. I'm using version 5.8. It says by default I should be able to remove my own stuff. But I don't see any way to delete. Am I looking in the right place?  Capture.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

It's understandable when you're frustrated by something and it's not giving you enough to explain what's wrong.

The screen in your image is the "link" dialogue for creating a new link, it's not for attachment maintenance.

Cancel that, save your work, and then use the "attachments" option in the ... actions menu near the top right of the page.  You'll have a full set of options there (Assuming the permissions are right)

If you get the error in there when trying to upload, then we need to start looking at logs etc.

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

@Craig Harris, is there already an open request for this @ support.atlassian.com?  If so vote it up as Atlassian is being to focus on the most voted issues.  If there isn't an issue already, create one so others can vote it up too.

pd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events