Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't my labeled pages show up in a search by label?

michaelsca March 23, 2015

Some child pages, despite being labeled, do not show up in a search by label.  Example is any page listed as "engineering" in my Playstudios Confluence space.  However, pages labeled "department" show up when searching for the label "department".

5 answers

0 votes
Alexandre Roussel April 25, 2019

(I know this is an old post, but here's what I found)

I have noticed that the URL (when clicking a label within a page) changes according to the space in which the page is. When clicking a label within a page, Confluence will only show the pages with that label IF they are also in the same space.

Using the search option will not cause this issue and (at least in my case) the Heatmap macro (used to view popular labels) will also work properly when clicking it's labels.

0 votes
Audumla June 4, 2015

This is happening to my confluence cloud as well. All new pages with labels do not show up in any of the label search queries. Even when I click the label on a page that has that label, the page itself does not appear in the resulting search results.

ie

Page1 - labelA (created a month ago)

Page2 - labelA (created yesterday)

Click on LabelA in Page2 only shows Page1 on the search results

0 votes

Correction: I'm and administrator of the space, but not the entirety of the Confluence.  I created the space, but apparently don't have the rights to delete it or to see a gear icon.

0 votes

They are older pages, moved from one space to another.  As I am not an administrator, do I still have the option to reindex?

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2015

Hello Michael,

May I ask whether this issue happens only with recently created pages?

Also, have you tried to reindex the instance though the Confluence Admin panel?

Eduardo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events