Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't anchors work?

Kerry Ellison July 14, 2014

I am trying to create anchors from an email (Outlook) to specific headings my Confluence page. I got it to work once, then I moved the page to another space and updated the links to the anchors. It no longer worked and I have not been able to get it to work again.

What happens is that my link goes to the top of the page. It does this whether I have heading styles applied or the paragraph style. When I got it to work before, it was by changing all the heading styles to paragraph, inserting the anchors, and then reapplying the heading style.

I am running 5.4.3 with Zen Foundation. When I got the anchors to work before, I did so on a page that used the basic Confluence theme.

I have followed the Working with Anchors documentation but this feature is not working for me.

2 answers

0 votes
Kerry Ellison July 29, 2014

I tried Jonathan's approach and it seemed to work for my purposes. Will play around some more and post a follow on.

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

I've had trouble with anchor macros in recent versions of Confluence. You might be better off using the ones that are already there -- if you temporarily add a TOC, you can see how Confluence creates the anchors from the page name and heading text.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events