Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't I see the same options shown in Help when I hit Create from a space I can edit?

Jamie Howe October 5, 2020

I am new to confluence and need to start creating pages for notes and other project info.  At this point from the project space, i can add project shortcuts, but I cannot add pages.  When I hit create nothing shows up - the help shows options like meeting notes, blank, requirements, etc..  

I did a screen share with CTO who arranged licenses and he said this wasn't working like he expects and open a ticket...I couldn't figure out another way to open a ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2020

Hello @Jamie Howe !

As I understand, you are currently unable to create pages in Confluence.

I am not positive as to why this is happening, which is what triggered the following questions:

1. Are you able to create pages in another space?
  2. Are you able to check if other users are affected by this behavior?
  3. Was there any change applied to your Confluence site prior to this?
  4. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of what you see when you click the Create button at the top in your Confluence site?

Keep in mind that our community is an open space. When taking the screenshot, take care not to share sensitive information.

Just so you have a reference, this is what I see when I click the create button in my instance:

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.33.39.png

Let us hear from you!

Jamie Howe October 7, 2020

• Are you able to create pages in another space? no - I cannot create a space in my personal space or shared spaces
  • Are you able to check if other users are affected by this behavior? I checked with the CTO who is asking to use this and this is not happening for him.  We did a screen share, and he said open a ticket b/c he had no idea
  • Was there any change applied to your Confluence site prior to this? to my knowledge no but I am new to confluence
  • Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of what you see when you click the Create button at the top in your Confluence site? I literally see nothing - no pop up window or anything. Picture1.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events