Why does user management setup not complete?

Umais Asghar November 25, 2012

Hi, I have installed Confluence 4.3 but I'm having an issue here. It asked for user management and tried to load users and groups from JIRA. This setup could not be completed; I tried over and over but the "next" button is never active even when the status says "Full synchronisation completed successfully.".

Checking the console log, there are some errors, I don't know why or how, I'm attaching both pictures in order to provide with maximum information regarding my issue.

Please let me know what'm I going wrong here, I tried re-installing Confluence (after uninstalling), nothing changed, it jumps to this page (when finishes) and I can't proceed because the "next" button is never active.

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

Hi Umas,

Actually, it's pretty simple to solve this problem:

1. Go to your <confluence-home-folder> delete everything that is in there. (do a backup of your home-folder before moving forward)
  2. Go to <confluence-install-folder> and click on the start-confluence.
  3. When you get to set up the user management screen, choose the local one, not the JIRA.
  4. Now you'll have a local account.
  5. Now it's time to set up your JIRA, please follow this documentation:
    https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management#ConnectingtoCrowdorJIRAforUserManagement-jira
  6. Go to your Confluence and then _Browse > Confluence Admin > User directory > Add > Atlassian JIRA.

That should do the work.

Cheers,

WZ

@William Zanchet

It worked

Thanks

Michael Gotshall July 4, 2013

I am having this very issue and I am trying to follow the instructions but I am at a loss for the 'Home' and 'Install' folders. What folders are you referring to?

1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2012

Hi,

Could you try check your logs at <CONFLUENCE-HOME>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log to see if there you can find any clues?

However, due to not havin the images displayed either, I suspect this to be an installation with a reverse proxy in front of Confluence and not having Confluence configured accordingly, could you verify if this is the case?

Regards,

Peter

0 votes

@Peter Kozan:

atlassian-confluence.log is a big log to check, there are many exceptions as well.

Can you please explain what you mean with "I suspect this to be an installation with a reverse proxy in front of Confluence and not having Confluence configured accordingly"

PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2012

Hi,

If you have an additional webserver in front of Confluence, this problem could occur. Documentation about such setup can be found at:

If this is not the case, I'd suggest you to raise a support ticket at http://support.atlassian.com so that we can help you specifically based on the information in your logs.

Cheers,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events