Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the color disappear when I merge cells in a header row?

Steve Schaefer November 4, 2016

I merged cells in the header row of my table, and it removed the color.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2016

I can't replicate this, but sometimes things happen. Are you able to select the new merged cell and apply the color?

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2016

I suspect the problem is that header rows allow you to sort the rows by clicking the header name so once you merge two header cells it doesn't know how to treat the cell as a header .. since it doesn't know which of the two columns to use as the sort reference so it basically tuns off the header setting for the that row and hence loses its colour - try making the second row a header row.

0 votes
Steve Schaefer November 4, 2016

Here's what it looked like before I merged the header cells and added copy:

Download Installer-before merge fields.png

And here's after:

Download Installer - after merge columns.png

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2016

Are you using Table Plus or some other advanced table macro?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events