Why does some content not appear in Edit mode in Confluence?

Becky Anderson May 24, 2019

We are using Confluence server version 6.15.2.

I have had several people report an issue with editing. Content is available to view, but disappears when the edit button is clicked. We have cleared our cache as suggested in another thread with no success. We have no macros installed for hidden content. Has anyone else experienced this and been able to resolve with out cutting and pasting content to a new page?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
David November 3, 2020
0 votes
kathy homsi March 9, 2020

Hello,

We are facing a similar issue. Were you able to identify the root cause?

Thanks!

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2019

Hi @Becky Anderson 

This is indeed an odd one. Here's a few things I'd take a shot at:

• You might not have a macro hiding content but do you have one that is including it from somewhere else?
  • Try this with an incognito window and/or other browsers. If that works, blast the cache on your browsers
  • If you are all using Chrome, there was a recent update. I regularly run into a case of exceedingly weird behavior if the update is applied but not activated by restarting the browsers.
  • A worst (and most annoying case scenario) might well require stopping Confluence, nuking the caches in the CONF_HOME directory then restarting. Sometimes this also solves some odd behavior.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events