Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does "Go to Included Page" just show me the page it is included in instead? HELP!

Verena Themsen September 29, 2018

Server Version 6.11, starter license; Firefox browser on Win 10 Home edition

When editing a page (let's call it page 1), when I click on an "Include Page" macro, it shows me the option to "Go to Included Page" (page 2). But when I click on this, a new tab opens showing me just page 1 again instead.

Is it a matter of browser settings? Or a bug?

Edit: Changed license, and eliminated the possibility of it being caused by the license being an evaluation license.

I suspect browser settings and played around with security settings but nothing helped so far. All browser add-ons are switched off on my Confluence installation.And anyway, it happens on any browser I try, so t has to be something more general.

More suggestions are very welcome!

3 answers

0 votes
cka74 October 2, 2019

I don't have an answer, but have the same issue. Could this be taken care of?

Thanks

Verena Themsen October 5, 2019

Actually this works in the mean time for me; it was purely something in the browser settings. Unfortunately I have forgotten what exactly it was, but at least you know now where to look ... sorry. Should have posted it here then.

cka74 October 7, 2019

I went through several settings in Firefox, but to no avail. I wonder what this setting could be.

0 votes
Verena Themsen October 14, 2018

This is still not resolved, doesn't anyone else have a suggestion?

Qingfen Lin November 28, 2018

Yes, I have the same problem. Very annoying. It used to work. 

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2018

Hi Verena,

I can assure you that the evaluation license is not restricted in any way apart from the time limit. We can rule that out. 

I just tested on my 6.11 server with Firefox & it works as designed: Clicking on "Go to included page" opens the included page in a new browser tab. Have you tried another browser to rule out a Firefox bug?

Best

JP

Verena Themsen September 29, 2018

Thanks!

I just tried Microsoft Edge (which I usually never use, so no addons etc.), same result. Could it be something with the general network/internet security settings? It's set on medium, not customized. Not sure if the connection is running through this even if it is a localhost connection.

Any way to track what is happening in a console? I am not very experienced with such stuff, but I can follow instructions and understand what I'm doing.

Verena Themsen October 14, 2018

Can we maybe compare internet settings to find out where the problem might come from?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events