Why does View Word file macro screw up text formatting?

Lars Sjögren June 19, 2012

The View Word file macro is used on a Confluence page and all text that appears after the macro on the page is formatted differently than the text that appears before the macro (see image below). When we remove the macro, the text is displayed correctly. It's not a major issue, but it's frustrating to see it like this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lars Sjögren October 9, 2012

As mentioned, this may be a solution that may work, but has not been fully tested. I reported my problem to Atlassian and received the answer that this is a bug. I don't remember the bug number though.

/Lars

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2012

My first guess would be that the macro contains an unclosed DIV or other style tag that then applies to the rest of the page. You should be able to view the source in a browser and examine the elements to see what doesn't get closed. A workaround, if you can't edit the macro's source, would be to close that tag manually with an HTML macro after the View Word macro, but before the rest of the page is displayed.

Lars Sjögren June 20, 2012

Thanks for a prompt answer. I've been through the source code several times but cannot find any div:s that might not get closed. I haven't tried the HTML macro you suggested, but eventhough it might solve the problem, it's not an option since it goes against company security policy to give any user the ability to use that macro. I'll report it since this works in version 3.4.9 of Confluence. Thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events