Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Adaptavist ThemeBuilder - Engine and Adaptavist ThemeBuilder - Editor have differe versions

Tara Martucci October 22, 2020

I am using Confluence data center. Why does my installed plugin Adaptavist ThemeBuilder - Engine and Adaptavist ThemeBuilder - Editor have different versions ? I have Version: 5.8.4 for Adaptavist ThemeBuilder - Editor. Then, for Adaptavist ThemeBuilder - Engine I have Version:1.7.29.  Can someone explain why it is this way ? 

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dylan Lindsay October 22, 2020

Hi Tara,

Thanks for raising the question. As Nic mentioned, ThemeBuilder was split out into two apps on inside of the Apps Manager. This was done in order to containerise some of the functionality. The version of the editor (5.8.4) is the latest version of the app as a whole and is reflected as such on the marketplace. 

If you need any support please feel free to reach out to us on our support portal

Tara Martucci October 22, 2020

So is it safe to ignore this ? Why does it not upgrade the same as 5.8.4 ?

Dylan Lindsay October 23, 2020

Indeed, we treat each component as having a different release version. We bundle them when we make a new release and the Editor app version number is the one reflected on the marketplace.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2020

They used to be a single app, but it became useful to separate them into two.  The numbers reflect when they split.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events