Why do the Action button & inline edit buttons override Confiforms Rules for Field (CSS)

Benjamin Rios August 16, 2022

I have a table view with a column that has conditional CSS applied using the "Confiform Rules for Field (CSS)" macro. 

When I use an action button (which is in the same row) the entire row loses its styling.

I also found that when I click the "edit" button (confiform edit control within the table view) to make an inline edit to the table row, all of the css styles that were applied get erased and it shows an un-styled table row.

I have made sure to include "!important;" for all of my css rules so not entirely sure why the styles are getting removed. 

It is worth noting that I have the table view listed within a list view, but don't think that should have any impact on the css. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2022

Hi @Benjamin Rios and welcome to this community

In ConfiForms the CSS rules that you apply on the views are only set when the view (TableView, CardView, etc) are first rendered

Inline edits use the default design and styling for the row

If this is a problem then consider switching to dialog mode for editing. 

And our own suggestion that we always share with our customers - try not to override the default styling of Confluence (and ConfiForms). At least not with inline styles

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events