Why do my task report pages have headers in Spanish?

Rebecca McMurry February 7, 2017

Today the headers in my task report pages are in Spanish. I have been using these pages for months and no changes were made to the pages by me. 

Here is an example

https://www.screencast.com/t/HA7q24OG

3 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

Based on your answers, either the default language has changed (or rather, Confluence thinks it's changed) or someone has amended the headings in the macro.

If you edit the Task Report macro and look at the Columns to display option, are the values in English or Spanish?  If they're in English, are they displayed in Spanish when you click Preview on the right-hand side of the macro?

Rebecca McMurry February 8, 2017

Hi Rob-

In the Task Report macro > Columns to display, the values are in English. If I click the Preview they are still in English. I tried to remove them and they did not delete. I changed them and they were still in Spanish

https://www.screencast.com/t/D7hIkprfhofE

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

That's a bit bizarre.  The only other thing I can think to suggest is to change your default language to something else, e.g. if you're English (UK) change it to English (US), and then change it back again to force Confluence to use the right language.

If that doesn't work then I think you'd better put a support ticket in.....

Rebecca McMurry February 9, 2017

Rob - It was the default language. I changed from English (UK) to English (US) and it is working great again. Thanks for your help!

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2017

Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat! Glad it's working for you again smile

0 votes
Rebecca McMurry February 8, 2017

Hi Rob

Here are my responses

• Just one page, or on multiple pages? Multiple
  • Just one space, or in multiple spaces? Multiple
  • Just one browser, or in all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge/Safari (depending on whether you're Windows or Mac))? Multiple
  • Just for you, or for some others, or for all others All
  •  Administration > Languages, what's the default language set to? English (UK)
0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

There are several reasons this could happen, including a browser problem or a change to Confluence's default language. These questions will help narrow it down.

Does this happen on:

• Just one page, or on multiple pages?
  • Just one space, or in multiple spaces?
  • Just one browser, or in all browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge/Safari (depending on whether you're Windows or Mac))?
  • Just for you, or for some others, or for all others?

And in Confluence Administration > Languages, what's the default language set to?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events