Why different software version of confluence for 2 different subscriptions?

Francesca Bugli September 6, 2017

hi, 

I'd like to understand how the version of confluence is updated for a cloud licence.

is there a way a client can chose to stay with an old version or it updates automatically?

Actually i have access to different confluence sites and the software version are drammatically different.

thanks

Regards

Francesca

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2017

The cloud version is hosted by Atlassian and is updated by them. As such it is also a bit more limited in what it can do. For instance, most of the add-ons in the market are not available for the cloud version. Also some more advanced features such as user macros, custom HTML, custom CSS, etc. are not available. The pricing model here is a subscription fee per month.

The software version is hosted by the customer on your server(s). It would be hard for them to have a subscription fee for the product that is on your own servers, so instead for this, there is just a flat fee and annual maintenance fee. Also, you have access to all the advanced feature that I mentioned above that are unavailable in the cloud version. This version is updated on your own update schedule.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events