Why different software version of confluence for 2 different subscriptions?

hi, 

I'd like to understand how the version of confluence is updated for a cloud licence.

is there a way a client can chose to stay with an old version or it updates automatically?

Actually i have access to different confluence sites and the software version are drammatically different.

thanks

Regards

Francesca

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The cloud version is hosted by Atlassian and is updated by them. As such it is also a bit more limited in what it can do. For instance, most of the add-ons in the market are not available for the cloud version. Also some more advanced features such as user macros, custom HTML, custom CSS, etc. are not available. The pricing model here is a subscription fee per month.

The software version is hosted by the customer on your server(s). It would be hard for them to have a subscription fee for the product that is on your own servers, so instead for this, there is just a flat fee and annual maintenance fee. Also, you have access to all the advanced feature that I mentioned above that are unavailable in the cloud version. This version is updated on your own update schedule.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

283 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you