Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why couldn't I publish my draft and lost almost all of it?

I cloned a document of the last Qs retrospective to start building the new one.

I worked on a draft for a couple of days. This morning, the document was behaving weirdly, blocking me from editing every minute or so. When I tried to publish, I got this popup notification

:Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 14.48.48.png

I waited for 10 minutes and refreshed the page. When I did, more than HALF of the work I had done was lost, and replaced by the old version of the document that I had originally cloned. 

I checked my drafts, my browser history, tried searching for the document, and nothing. I am starting over in Google Drive to avoid losing even more time than with Confluence, as the tool consistently provides an extremely frustrating and buggy experience.

But I would appreciate it if someone could clarify what happened and how I could avoid it in the future. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jun 07, 2022

@Rodrigo Espinel Welcome to the Atlassian community

I would suggest creating a support issue so they can look at it on the server-side and see why the draft was not saved or overwritten by the old version.    https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thank you @Brant Schroeder

Opening a ticket was my first idea. Unfortunately, I can't do that on my own without the intervention of my site admin.

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 15.20.32.png

I already lost too much time with this to also involve our team in this. I'd rather invest that time and energy to push to move our documentation to a better tool as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will rewrite my work. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

245 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you