Why can't i see the "user macro" section in Confluence Admin

I use the hosted service of Confluence and should have Administrator privileges (I am member of the administrators group and can open Confluence Admin), but there is no User Macro section. Is this feature not available in the hosted service? Is there any way to access this feature?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 08, 2013

Sadly, user macros are not available in the On-Demand version. On the below link on the right side of the page you will see an info box that says "The information on this page does not apply to Confluence OnDemand."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros

Here is a more full list of what is and is not supported in the On-Demand version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

This widget could not be displayed.

"The information on this page does not apply to Confluence OnDemand." info is not there (anymore?).

Does it mean "user macro" should be available on the OnDemand version?

Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 31, 2016

No, unfortunately, user macros are not available in the cloud(formerly called on-demand) version.

wow - that really really really really sucks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

626 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you