Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't i see the "user macro" section in Confluence Admin

Christoph September 8, 2013

I use the hosted service of Confluence and should have Administrator privileges (I am member of the administrators group and can open Confluence Admin), but there is no User Macro section. Is this feature not available in the hosted service? Is there any way to access this feature?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2013

Sadly, user macros are not available in the On-Demand version. On the below link on the right side of the page you will see an info box that says "The information on this page does not apply to Confluence OnDemand."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Writing+User+Macros

Here is a more full list of what is and is not supported in the On-Demand version.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

3 votes
Cheryl April 28, 2019

Maybe we should rethink using the cloud version if this is the case.

0 votes
Terri Isidro December 19, 2023

Is there an update to this or will the ability to create user macros be available for the cloud version in the future?

Please update us on this, and how do we make this a feature request (can it be one?)

Thanks!

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2023

I don't think Atlassian will ever allow user macros on Cloud. It would present too much of a security threat.

0 votes
Pawel Wesolowski October 31, 2016

"The information on this page does not apply to Confluence OnDemand." info is not there (anymore?).

Does it mean "user macro" should be available on the OnDemand version?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 31, 2016

No, unfortunately, user macros are not available in the cloud(formerly called on-demand) version.

Paul Preibisch May 8, 2017

wow - that really really really really sucks

Like Terri Isidro likes this
Cameron Mathers June 20, 2019

Agree. I hate spend a hour or so reading crap that says to: "go here, do this or that" only to find that Confluence OnDemand doesn't do something... 

Like # people like this
Matthew Storkey September 17, 2019

This is dissapointing - I am finding this tool quite limited. Are user plugins available to the cloud Confluence?

Like Scott J. Keeton likes this
Scott J. Keeton April 14, 2020

This cannot be true! I was killing myself for days trying to find the _User Macro_ button!

Lauri Niskanen August 13, 2020

Sad

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events