Why can't I share pages with one of my team members?

Deleted user April 8, 2014

Hello,

One of my team members has access to Confluence, he can access my team space without any problem however, when we want to share a page with him and start to type his name, he does not seem to exist... What I mean is that his full name and email address don't show up which makes it impossible for us to share any page with him... Any idea how I could solve that?

Thank you!

Nicolas.

1 answer

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

If you navigate to the people directory, are you then able to search for your user?

Deleted user April 8, 2014

When I go to the Admin access and then to USER & SECURITY > Users, I can indeed find my team member...

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2014

Can you find other users?

Ensure you have the following plugin enabled: User Lister

Deleted user April 9, 2014

Yeah I can find all the other users that belong to the same mail group (and even others actually...) He is the only one I cannot find... In that case would it be a matter of enabling a plugin?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2014

Is that user a local confluence user or are they pulled from an LDAP server? There is something configured on that user that is preventing them from being "searchable"

Deleted user April 10, 2014

Yes it is pulled from LDAP server. Would you be able to provide more details on the problem (possible config that may have caused the issue) so I can get our Global IT to check?

Ubimet support September 4, 2018

hello.

has this ever been fixed? I have the same problem, with the same setup scenario.

Laura Tobak March 6, 2019

I am also running into the same issue (also the same setup). Did anyone ever figure this out?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events