Why can customers can no longer access space when Confluence upgrade occurred

Craig Doran August 15, 2017

The other day confluence interface changed.  Since that our customers can no longer access the knowledge base space we sset up for them as a user guide for our software.

Although they can access the service desk, the space associated with the service desk is no longer accesible by them and they each get a message saying that they dont have permissions to access the space.

I checked the permisison tab on the space and the user group (where all customers are assigned) has been assigned view permisisons so I cannot workout why this is occurring.

WHAT HAS CHANGED IN THE NEW CONFLUENCE INTERFACE THAT HAS CAUSED THIS

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2017

Hi Craig,

It looks like you use Confluence Cloud.

Please see Portal users cannot access the knowledge base to better understand the changes that were made.

I am happy to answer any follow up questions.

Thanks,

Ann

Craig Doran August 16, 2017

Thanks Ann.  I looked at the article but didnt get very far.  When I went to  Portal only customers in the sidebar, under JIRA Serice Desk my customers were not there so I must have them already set up with atlassian accounts.

Basically each customer has access to the Service Desk and assigned to a group.  I put the KB web address to the relevant space in the Sevice Desk description so they could click on it and open it up in another page.  It was working but since the upgrade it no longer seems to work.

0 votes
Jeroen Overbeeke August 15, 2017

What version of confluence / Jira / Servicedesk are you running?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events