Why are users being blocked from pages they have been invited to edit?

Jaime Monreal April 13, 2022

I have a user that has been invited to view/edit a page that resides within someone else's personal space. They receive the invitation email to view the page, but when they click the link to access it, they run into a "You've stumbled on a restricted space" page. 

I used Inspect Permissions functionality to see if they had access. It turns out that they don't have access to the sending user's personal space.

I could have the sending user add them to their space permissions, but will they have to do that every time they want to share a page within their personal space with a new user? It feels like this solution would be very cumbersome. 

If anyone can provide some advice I would greatly appreciate it. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2022

Hi @Jaime Monreal 

Yes, you will have to add the invited new users to the space permissions and to the page via (page restrictions) for them to be able to edit the page. 

As an alternative, you can create a group, and grant the required space permission/page restrictions to that group, then simply add new users to it when needed, so that they have the required permissions to view/edit pages within that space. Hope this helps.

Jaime Monreal April 20, 2022

Thanks @Kishan Sharma

Like Kishan Sharma likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events