Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are inline Comments in Confluence not possbile since today?

michael_riha September 6, 2016

Today i can not mark a line and comment. It always fails!

2 answers

2 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2016

Hello Kate, thanks for providing more info.

I've also found this bug CONF-43601 which affects cloud versions, can you check it?

If it's not the case, does it show any error messages? 

Could you provide me the address to check it?

Workaround

Temporary fix is to flush caches in Confluence.
Cloud customers will need to report to a Support Engineer to run this for them.

I hope this helps!

Kate Barrett September 8, 2016

Yep, that's the bug! Funny thing is, went I went to go test and give you the error messages, the feature is working!! I'm so confused because it hasn't been working for the past 5 days. My colleagues have also been saying it's intermittent. I will comment back here if it happens again.

Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2016

Ok, I'm glad we could identify it. I'd recommend to watch and vote for the bug, and if it happens again please provide me your instance address to help you! laugh

If it's not too much to ask, could you kindly upvote my answer? So other users who may face the same issue know that the information is correct. Thanks for your patience!

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
September 6, 2016

Hello Michael, 

There's a bug reported for this issue, please follow link:

I hope this helps, you can vote for this issue and watch its development.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kate Barrett September 6, 2016

Lorenzo, but this bug appears to be only for macros. Our pages mostly consist of h2s, paragraph text, and tables-- and i'm not able to comment on any of it. We are on the cloud version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events