Why are announcement banners different in Cofluence and JIRA?

Sebastian Dietrich August 6, 2015

Please add an administration option in Confluence like in JIRA.

2 answers

2 votes
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2015

Have you tried the Announcer for Confluence add-on by Wittified?

Sebastian Dietrich August 7, 2015

This makes the announcements less complicated, but still no reuse of existing functionality and user (=administrator) experience

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2015

I'm one of the folks behind Wittiifed and I'm really interested in what you're after. The administrator experience should be the same in either JIRA or Confluence (it's available for both). Are you looking for cross-product announcements?

Sebastian Dietrich August 9, 2015

Hi! No - not looking for cross-product announcements, just for same functionality.accessed the same way in both JIRA and Confluence. Without plugin we have the same functionality, but it has to be accessed differently. Also no code-reuse, so when e.g. in the future the announcement feature in jira gets update, the announcement in confluence stays the same. With the plugin an already existing functionality is more or less duplicated (and extended). I do not need extended functionality, just atlassian folks to reuse code and provide (out of the box) consistent behavior for both products.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2015

Probably want to raise this at jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF (I'd vote for it, I hate mucking around with divs and html in confluence headers)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events