Why are announcement banners different in Cofluence and JIRA?

Please add an administration option in Confluence like in JIRA.

2 answers

This makes the announcements less complicated, but still no reuse of existing functionality and user (=administrator) experience

Daniel Wester Community Champion Aug 08, 2015

I'm one of the folks behind Wittiifed and I'm really interested in what you're after. The administrator experience should be the same in either JIRA or Confluence (it's available for both). Are you looking for cross-product announcements?

Hi! No - not looking for cross-product announcements, just for same functionality.accessed the same way in both JIRA and Confluence. Without plugin we have the same functionality, but it has to be accessed differently. Also no code-reuse, so when e.g. in the future the announcement feature in jira gets update, the announcement in confluence stays the same. With the plugin an already existing functionality is more or less duplicated (and extended). I do not need extended functionality, just atlassian folks to reuse code and provide (out of the box) consistent behavior for both products.

0 vote

Probably want to raise this at jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF (I'd vote for it, I hate mucking around with divs and html in confluence headers)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

93 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you